Next Full Council Meeting
The next meeting of Trimdon Foundry Parish Council will be held remotely by Zoom on Tuesday 8th December at 6.30pm. Members of the public are welcome to attend.
Zoom Meeting ID: Meeting ID: 975 6804 3724 Passcode: 421778
Armistice Day 2020
On behalf of Trimdon Foundry Parish Council, this morning the Parish Clerk and her partner laid poppy wreaths at the War Memorial and on the war graves in St Paul’s Churchyard and Deaf Hill Cemetery. They offered the following words of prayer and thanksgiving:
O Lord, grant eternal rest to those we remember today,
Let perpetual light shine upon them,
May they all rest in peace. Amen.
Thank you each and every one of you for making the ultimate sacrifice for us, for King and for country.
We will remember.
Coronavirus: Trimdon Foundry Parish Update
At its meeting on 8th September 2020, the Parish Council agreed the following in response to the ongoing threat from Coronavirus:
- All rents for allotments will be waived for 2020-21, so the collection postponed since April 2020 will not now take place;
- The annual Christmas lights switch-on event will not now take place;
- The annual Service of Remembrance on November 11th will take place in a limited way, in accordance with the regulations in force at the time. It is likely that attendance will be restricted to invited persons only.
The Members urge all residents of the Parish to continue taking care to minimise the risk to themselves and others from Covid-19. Hand-washing and social distancing remain vitally important.
Notice of appointment of date for the exercise of public rights
Accounts for the year ended 31st March 2020
The Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, and
The Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2015 (SI 234)
- Date of announcement: 2nd July 2020
- Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounts to be audited and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts relating to them. For the year ended 31 March 2020 these documents will be available on reasonable notice on application to:
Mrs Kate Holmes, Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
commencing on 3rd July 2020 and ending on 13th August 2020
- Local Government Electors and their representatives also have:
- the opportunity to question the auditor about the accounts; and
- the right to make objections to the accounts or any item in them. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the Council.
The auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose during the inspection period at 2 above.
- The audit is being conducted under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2015 and the National Audit Office’ Code of Audit Practice. Your audit is being carried out by:
Mazars LLP, Salvus House, Aykley Heads, Durham, DH1 5TS
- This announcement is made by Kate Holmes, Parish Clerk
Further information and documents will be posted on the Council Documents page of this website.