COULD YOU BE THE NEW PARISH COUNCILLOR?
The sad death of Councillor Maureen Lenehan-Ferguson has created a vacancy for a Parish Councillor for Trimdon Foundry. We acknowledge that it will be impossible to replace Cllr Lenehan-Ferguson’s knowledge, years of experience and deep commitment to the interests of the people of this parish, so we are hoping to recruit someone who is keen to learn, and above all wants to make a difference for local people.
A by-election is not required for this vacancy so the appointment will be made by co-option. If you are interested in becoming a councillor, please contact the Parish Clerk, Kate Holmes, by Thursday 13th August, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Clerk will send you an application form, to be submitted before Thursday 27th August. Applicants will be invited to address the Council at its next meeting on Tuesday 8th September, after which the Members will consider all applications and decide on the appointment.
Notice of appointment of date for the exercise of public rights
Accounts for the year ended 31st March 2020
The Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, and
The Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2015 (SI 234)
- Date of announcement: 2nd July 2020
- Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounts to be audited and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts relating to them. For the year ended 31 March 2020 these documents will be available on reasonable notice on application to:
Mrs Kate Holmes, Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
commencing on 3rd July 2020 and ending on 13th August 2020
- Local Government Electors and their representatives also have:
- the opportunity to question the auditor about the accounts; and
- the right to make objections to the accounts or any item in them. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the Council.
The auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose during the inspection period at 2 above.
- The audit is being conducted under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2015 and the National Audit Office’ Code of Audit Practice. Your audit is being carried out by:
Mazars LLP, Salvus House, Aykley Heads, Durham, DH1 5TS
- This announcement is made by Kate Holmes, Parish Clerk
Further information and documents will be posted on the Council Documents page of this website.